Beyonce Knowles appears above, being a gracious leader in entertainment at the VMA’s towards Taylor Swift after Kanye West’s rude interruption of Swift’s speech. Yes, Taylor Swift is all hip hop gangsta tough and cool now. Props! It reeks of Obama spun entertainment engineering, via Jay-Z’s Run This Town power posse, who has a direct line to the oval office, as Swift rules over Jackson entertainment, Madonna and Lady Gaga as a pop role model now. Clever!
And … below is a fan’s take on the whole debacle, as she impersonates the lovely Beyonce commenting on the Kanye West VMAs debacle, in that Southern Houston drawl that is not only funny, but will give you broken ribs from laughing so hard. Enjoy!
Kanye West on Jay Leno tonight talked about how hurting another’s emotions, like how he stole Taylor Swift’s moment at the VMA Awards is something that he regrets for his rudeness.
He cited his mother’s tragic death and not taking time off to properly grieve, but just launching into his music career as being an area where unprocessed grief, is something that he needs to take time off to deal with.
Expect to see the Kanye West and Taylor Swift duet at next years VMA Awards. You know it. That’s how the wheels of show biz spin.
He looked extremely sincere. (See clip) Rihanna and Jay-Z were amazing too, performing with Kanye, Jay-Z’s big hit Run This Town for Jay Leno’s first show in his new time slot. All the best Jay Leno. I thought you were great!
Conan Obrien’s show concentrated on turning Kanye West’s interruption of Taylor Swift’s speech into a Kanye-esque rap song. Hilarious! I love America. Such a sense of humor! O’Brien noted how Kanye was asked to leave the VMA’s for his behavior, noting that MTV has a lower tolerance for inappropriate outbursts than Washington DC’s congress sitting on healthcare reform policy.
Noted! Good point Conan!
Miss Tessa – fashion designer, artiste and photographer is the youngest star to rate tonight in your celebrity and entertainment news choices here in Hollywood. Here’s how you voted today worldwide. Thanks team.
1. AMBER ROSE is the Queen again of horiwod.com tonight. The model turned muse of Kanye West accompanied her bad boy, Hennesey swilling, hip hop entertainer beau to the VMA awards. So what? But Amber Rose garnered more interest than all of the VMA award winners combined. That’s some heat in show biz! She’s become the ‘ideal girlfriend’ of men all over America, not caring whether her man makes a fool of himself, but enjoying him and being supportive of his role in entertainment regardless. Amber Rose is a delightful and beautiful, fun loving hoot!
Lucrative modeling contracts from the best fashion houses in the world should be getting thrown at Amber Rose every single day, about now. Amber Rose would be perfect for Versace. Her media interest is impressive! Amber Rose should also be made offers for make up contracts from Cover Girl, Revlon, L’Oreal, Mac Cosmetics and Gucci too while she’s about it. What a break out star of entertainment. And no one really knows what Amber Rose actually does, or who she is. Wow!
3. MISS TESSA: The artist, photographer, fashionista, fashion muse and budding fashion designer from New Zealand has four posts that ranked in the top 10 until 3pm this afternoon, LA time here in Hollywood. This girls media heat has got wings. Because I know Miss Tessa is not one to steal the limelight, Miss Tessa comes in at #3 tonight so that other celebrities can get a turn in the Top 10 Celebrities tonight here in Hollywood. Congratulations Miss Tessa! Keep bringing it!
4. THE TWILIGHT SAGA’S NEW MOON MOVIE TRAILER: got a bit of help at the VMA’s last night when Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson all united on MTV’s Radio City stage, to present the hottest movie trailer in show biz at this second.
5. PINK: Alecia Moore, aka pop star Pink of Studio City in The Valley, LA, sung live while doing trapeze circus tricks in New York last night. That outstanding pitch perfect performance combined with a tweet about how Kanye West badly behaved during Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech; as well as an appearance on the Today Show this morning with Matt Lauer, reminded America of just how versatile and talented Pink is as a pop star who has song writing talent, great vocal ability, performance chops, a brain, and well…. balls basically to stand up to funny yet bad behavior from her male peers in music. Pink is fearless.
6. LIL WAYNE: impregnating 3 different women in the same year, got Lil Wayne noticed today. Um, N pleaze! Hello Lil Wayne, put a condom on it! I know he can afford to have three kids in one year, but dude, that’s full on!
7. KANYE WEST‘s blogged apology to Taylor Swift, for rudely interrupting her during the VMAs, got the blogger noticed. Them hip hop boys have a rep to live up to being the bad boys of entertainment. Kanye did not disappoint. What a showman!
8. MISS ELLIETTE: Still the best fashion couture label in Calfornia, even after 15 years of being ‘retired’ from fashion, garnered Miss Elliette, America’s First Lady of Fashion Design her #8 spot tonight here in Hollywood. To still be able to rate with America’s biggest, brightest and youngest stars of American entertainment at 87 years of age, is simply incredible. Go Miss Elliette! Wow! There are no words.
9. GEORGE CLOONEY at THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in Canada, promoting his new film Up In The Air, earned the Hollywood Clarke Gable look-a-like actor, the #9 spot tonight on Horiwood.Com. Clooney’s performance is Oscar worthy, critics early reviews are touting. Nice work, George Clooney!
10. MADONNA: For the Material Girl‘s self-penned tribute to her peer and The King of Pop Michael Jackson, and for delivering it with a sincere tone of respect, made Madonna the new Brooke Shields of sincerity in the MJ worldwide fanbase. Madonna was both respectful and truly amazing at last nights VMA Awards. What a woman, what a tribute, from one who knows the fame game inside out.
Talking to US Weekly Magazine, the young actress and singer, Taylor Swift feigned her best surprised face to speak about Kanye West’s staged outburst during her acceptance speech during the VMA awards, Sunday.
Swift who has the highest selling album of 2009, Fearless out of any music solo act or music group, deservedly should have also closed out the VMA show. It’s a great precursor for Taylor Swift’s upcoming Grammy wins early next year, 2010. Taylor has achieved more album sales than Lady Gaga or any other new artist or established artist. Swift is already an American music legend at just 19.
MTV ensured that she would with Kanye West interrupting her acceptance award speech, and Beyonce handing the mic back to the young country cross over pop star, to close out the night with Jay-Z, Alecia Keys and Lil Mama. Nice staging from MTV to get the country pop girl into the hip hop closing mix. It was a great show!
Anyway, as if the matching colored red dresses, of both Beyonce and Taylor Swift werent’ enough to give the game away, here’s what Taylor Swift had to say: (more…)
He has the hottest America girlfriend in US modelling, Amber Rose, so perhaps he can be forgiven for getting carried away with him impetuous bad self! Ever the showman, if Kanye West didn’t do pranks like robbing Taylor Swift of her moment of glory, and cutting in on her speech, stealing the VMA show, than it perhaps wouldn’t be as entertaining as it was.
Kanye West, love him or loathe him brought the drama last night. No one’s sure for certain, whether his interruption of Swift’s speech was staged by MTV, between West, Swift, Beyonce and Jay-Z to create a finale that could somehow equal the brilliant Michael Jackson tribute opener by MJ performance footage/ Madonna and Janet. The show had to be balanced out somehow after a great opening tribute number to the King of Pop, so this creative interruption from Kanye provided the big payoff moment for Taylor Swift, and put Swift ahead of Lady Gaga and Pink after Beyonce herself of course. Hey, that’s how showbiz and stars keep the star power close to their chests. Jay-Z is perhaps the King of this, behind the scenes.
The Ten Top MTV VMA Awards moments of 2009 that stood out, were:
1. Michael Jackson’s footage of the King of Pop performing his greatest hits, was a level of performance, that perhaps only Beyonce is matching at this level, singing live and storytelling through constant, rigorous dance choreography. The posthumous footage of Jackson’s music videos and MJ live in concert, stole the show.
2 TIE A: Madonna’s speech for the King of Pop, showed class. The woman who has had the most successful tour ever in the history of music or a solo act this year and in a global recession; and who has amassed 40 #1 dance chart hits; the highest ever in the dance chart countdown by an artist… only Madonna could honor Jackson in a way that other American leaders couldn’t. She did. Wow! What a moment!
2. TIE B: Janet Jackson’s performance of her duet song with brother Michael, Scream was amazing. Janet is back.
4. Kanye West’s interruption of Taylor Swift’s speech, for Taylor’s first ever VMA award she’d won drew boos from the crowd. Of course this was staged (as was the Eminem and Bruno prank at the MTV Popcorn Awards earlier this year), but it seemed so real, even Pink tweeted about it before her performance. Kanye created a moment that stole the show.
How else would Michael Jackson be better honored, than with a performance tribute by his sister, and duet partner, Janet Jackson.
As highly anticipated, this was the VMA’s tribute that America had been waiting for. It was great to see Janet uplift America, her family, MJ’s children, Michael’s many fans worldwide, Janet’s own fanbase and also herself, by performing Scream, the hit Janet and Michael created to scream back at the media, who always were in their faces creating storylines and with cameras pointed at their every move.
It was a powerful tribute. Great to see Janet doing what she does best in honor of her brother. The black and white costuming was totally MJ’s message. It should matter whether people are black or white. They are all people. Word! [photo: Reuters via StraitsTimes]
Madonna’s heartfelt, self-penned speech for Michael Jackson, was not only a classy tribute to the late King of Pop, but it also was a thoughtful summation of life spent in fame’s spotlight of entertainment, from one who aptly knew how hard this was for an individual to navigate and endure.
After delivery her speech at the VMA’s, Madonna talked backstage to MTV’s Jim Cantiello. Here’s what she said:
“It was extremely important because I didn’t really have my chance to pay my last respects to him or speak of him in the way that I wanted to. It was a privilege and an honor for me to say what I had to say. It took me all week to write the speech and I just wrote it from my heart. And I kept slashing and editing but in the end I said what I wanted to say.”
Would Madonna really say anything else, but what she wanted to say? It’s her trademark of her career. Freedom of speech and artistic expression for [write] or for wrong. Madonna’s full speech follows courtesy of the lads from Rolling Stone Magazine. Thanks boys:
Celebrities and Stemcell Research. What a great idea for a blog post category name. I love it!
And after Beyonce was a total gracious Queen of the VMA’s last night, let’s celebrate the fact that stem cell research can help this diva’s future and stars like her, in the regeneration of her body with stem cell research and reproduction is being scientifically developed.
As America’s hardest working performer, her body deserves regeneration with stem cell treatment. If ever there was a candidate for it, Beyonce is it. Tom Hanks is investing in stem cell research for his back for over three years now, so it’s Beyonce’s turn to, I think.
Forward thinking people rock!
Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech for her first VMA’s award for Best Female Music Video.
The run down went like this:
TAYLOR SWIFT: “I always dreamed about what it would be like to win one of these one day,” Taylor said with surprise. “I never thought it would happen.”
KANYE WEST: “Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” video was one of the greatest music videos of all time, and it was wrongly overlooked. “Hey Taylor, I’m really happy for you, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.”
PINK: via twitter “Kanye West is the biggest piece of sh-t on earth. Quote me,” she wrote. “My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is a sweet and talented girl, and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her.”
Pinks right. Taylor Swift deserves her moment!
Naturi Naughton & Collin Pennie just had their world premiere of the Fame music video for the new film at the VMA awards in New York.
Here it is above. It’s fun!
She even beats out President Barack Obama’s birthday news today! Actress Q’orianka Kilcher’s debacle with the Twilight Saga’s Leah Clearwater casting, still takes out the top spot, here in Hollywood for entertainment news on Horiwood.Com.
Kilcher’s star draw is fascinating in Hollywood and she’s only 19!!! Today, Meanwhile in Washington, President Obama kindly shared his birthday with Helen Dobbs, a veteran White House reporter whose also a columnist with Hearst Newspapers. So sweet!
Here’s how you voted your Top 10 news posts as follows.
Horiwood.Com is listed by MovieSet as being one of the best Twilight Saga news websites in the world. horiwood’slatest tweet on twitter was:
“Eat. Pray. Love”less than 5 seconds ago from web
Why do I often forget the Pray part? Ugh! :)
Back in the day, the media pitched African American singer, Whitney Houston against America’s favorite blonde pop star, Madonna.
Now, they’re doing it again. Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga) has just been nominated for 9 VMA nominations. She is tied with Beyonce for most nods.
Germanotta is voted for Video of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Female Video and Best Pop Video for Poker Face, Best Direction for the music video of Paparazzi, Best Editing, Best Special Effects, Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction. That’s a hefty swag of nods.
“After years of hustle in New York City, where we made our art videos in bars, myself and the Haus of Gaga are honored to receive 9 nominations for the 2009 VMAs. We believe in the immensity and the promise of ‘showbiz’ and will continue to give it mouth-to-mouth, till its vomiting return. All you need is a camcorder, a flashlight, and one truly GREAT idea. Thank you MTV for being our video flagship, and for supporting this bunch of inspired kids, who love to get wasted and make art, together.”
At this point, you just now that The Queen Bee (Beyonce) is hoping that The President’s office makes the phone call to the VMA committee and gets Beyonce through to pip Lady Gaga at the post,so that Beyonce can vomit all over that last comment. Lady Gaga is so obnoxious!
The phone call idea is not a bad option when it comes to music politics. Hey -it worked for Britney Spears, VMA nod last year! That was the beginning of Brit Brit’s great comeback. Congratulations to both Beyonce and Lady Gaga for all of the nods. I guess the winner will boil down to, who is capable of selling the most beer? As America seeks to sell pop and it’s booze to boost the economy. It’s really that simple. Worldwide, Gaga has had more #1′s than Beyonce this year but Beyonce has toured with The President’s image featuring heavily in her Halo tribute internationally and she has brought more money into the US economy and pays more taxes than Ms Gaga.
Both Whitney and Madonna should be proud as pop star diva rivalry and pop history repeats itself in American music. When it comes to dancing in their high heels, Lady Gaga is still on trainer wheels compared to Beyonce Knowles although Gaga can play the piano and is musically talented. Gaga still has a wee ways to go!
She is not on that triple threat, Ginger Rogers performance level yet like Beyonce has demonstrated for years now. Good luck girls! Thanks for bringing a fierce show this year.