True fact – America produces the most fun teenage experience in the world that is media savvy. In particular a vision of the teen of California. Creating such pictures of California youth is a big global industry industry the world loves.
This year, Selena Gomez was the third most popular name in entertainment in the US. Miley Cyrus no.7. What both stars have in common is that they were spun concurrently via Disney’s child-star making factory. Selena in direct response to Miley’s star phenomenon no one quite expected to occur as evidently as it did.
Good luck with that! There’s not really a “From fame to real life” manual–it’s up to every individual to navigate that for themselves–but I like the sentiment of mentoring. Sounds wise. The weird thing about Disney is that child actors aren’t really thought about while they make the lucrative bucks for Disney–their problems begins when the child star realizes how much Disney (or the world of Entertainment) has taken from their young lives in the fame trade-off. Is Disney doing damage control here? Looks like it.
However, Disney is the surest way to create child stars from America perceived to be credible in the world. Such is the enduring legacy of Walt Disney as a star brand.
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 12.20.10~
Two of the world’s most popular teens this year Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez were snapped sharing a laugh in Miami. Along with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Lautner these teens ranked in Google’s top ten names in the world of people most searched for on a search engine in 2010. Bieber and Gomez in the top three.
Both Gomez and Cyrus were spun into stars from Disney perhaps indicating the strength of the Mouse House to generate global stars. Singing teens is a key of the world’s brightest stars today.
[Pic via Splash]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 12.18.10~
Selina Gomez is always too cute. Here’s a pic tweeted via facebook from the set of her upcoming music video.
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 6.2.2010~
Talking to Just Jared (via digital spy), Demi Lovato says Miley Cyrus is the sweetest friend in the biz to turn to for advice. Says Lovato:
“Miley has been in the spotlight longer than I have, so I go to her. I can text her that I’m crying and stressed out, and she’ll reply back, ‘All right, here’s what you do’. She’s the sweetest thing in the world.”
I have to agree with Demi Lovato, Hollywood’s baby bird, Miley Cyrus is the sweetest thing in the world. She’s got grunt, she’s sweet and in my book, she’s adorable!
[Demi Lovato is pictured here with Selena Gomez]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 5.15.2010~
Selena Gomez has a lot of fans on Kings Rd in West Hollywood. Here’s a recap as to why Selena thinks a trip to Africa can be life changing for American children and global citizens of the world. Love her!
What a cutie pie for the UN and America. ;)
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 5.12.2010~
Disney superstar, Selena Gomez says that she’s “working hard” to try and duet with rising teen star, Justin Bieber on February 2oth.
What a sweetheart.
[Image of Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift courtesy of This Blog]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 2.19.2010~
Selena Gomez, ex of Taylor Lautner and Unicef Ambassador is a Disney sweetheart. On the launch of his new album, Nick Jonas thinks so too.
Here’s the two kids of Disney leaving Phillipe Chows last night, on a wee date. Cute.
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 2.3.2010~
Selena Gomez is as talented as Miley Cyrus. She is Disney‘s number 2 princess with America’s youth audiences.
Where Miley can sight a show biz dad, and put on a country twang to more ‘be herself’ culturally as an American in Disney generated media, Gomez has not yet been afforded that privilege to truly be a Latina-American from Disney.
However, the numbers are in Gomez’s favor. 1 in 4 children in US kindergartens are Latino. Gomez’s platform as a recognized star of this audience base and most Americans will stand the young singer, actor, dancer in good steed. She is a triple threat.
Unicef acknowledged Selena Gomez’s importance in the world, giving Selena the same honor afforded Angelina Jolie, when they hand picked her to be the youngest Unicef Ambassador in history.
I love her. This girl is J-Lo now. And man …. she can dance! You voted her your 40th top star in Hollywood for 2009.
[Selena Gomez Image courtesy of Zimbio]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 12.23.09~
Pop star Shakira‘s performance at The American Music Awards, Sunday at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles deserves a mention.
Military Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation choreography meets the Broadway feel of Stomp is what she rocked out with at the AMAs.
Not only was she uber hot, but her statement to the world with a team of all African American female dancers in her troupe was a pretty powerful statement in support of America’s leadership switch this year.
This girl is pro the future of America, but also the world as an international artist. Most of Shakira’s fan base are not in the US. Her anti-war message of Peace over bullets was also very cool mid performance. Whitney Houston and Bobbie Christina‘s pure enjoyment of Shakira’s performance and entertainment is priceless. Enjoy!
Go Shaki, go! Love her.
[Images of Shakira and Selena Gomez on the red carpet AMAs 2009 via Pop Sugar]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA
Now Selena Gomez, another Disney star has come out swinging too.
Says Gomez on the Bonnie Hunt show, rather sheepishly, “I don’t watch them. Sorry, I feel bad–even though I am a teenager.”
Gomez used to date New Moon star, Taylor Lautner for a bit, so she should be ashamed of herself today, raising the Disney flag in Hollywood to diss the non-Disney film. Jokes.
For Disney though, clearly it is box office war as they instruct their starlets to fire shots at the Summit Entertainment film. Interesting. Meow!
[Image courtesy of Zimbio]
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA, 11.19.09~
1. SALVADOR DALI is King on Horiwood.Com tonight, the artist rating #1. Check him, right here.
2. RIHANNA FENTY is Queen as the Wait is Over single drops hard.
3. SELENA GOMEZ, UN Ambassador is a homecoming Queen for charity.
4. BEYONCE releases her I Am Yours live in concert DVD. Super Hot!
5. MISS TESSA is a fashionista artistic wolf from the land of lambs, New Zealand.
6. ANGELINA JOLIE makes headlines as Twilight‘s Kristen Stewart says she doesn’t want to be like her. The Jolie link up from Stewart is achieved!
7. ZAC EFRON walks the line in Hollywood.
8. DAVID & VICTORIA BECKHAM were at the LA Lakers home game.
9. CHRISTIAN DIOR‘s haute fashion staples tips as per DITA VON TESSE
10. The shifting trends of NEWS according to CNN cost the cable network ratings relevancy. Celebrity news sells. Mix it up CNN!
Mood: “They can say whateva/ I can do whateva/ No pain is forever, yep/ You know I’m tougher than a lion/ aint no need in tryin/ I live with the sky and yep… Never lying/ Truth teller/ That Rihanna rain just won’t let up/ all black on/ black tile shades on”–Rihanna, Hard lyrics.
Loving the vibe!
Unicef needs us all. A nice message from Selena Gomez today.
Disney Teen Queen, Selena Gomez has recently returned from a Unicef Ambassador stint to Ghana, Africa. Here’s what she said:
“I got to meet teens, I got to meet children, I got to meet families,” Gomez said about the trip she went on with her mom and stepdad.
“It was completely life-changing and eye-opening, and when we came back we definitely had nothing to complain about.”
Selena Gomez, Unicef Ambassador to Africa, and Wizards of Waverly Place star, was stoked to pick up an Emmy along with her cast mates and friends.
The Disney cutie and humanitarian won an Emmy for Outstanding Children’s Program — 2009 Primetime Creative Arts Emmys.
The sky is the limit, when your heart is in the right place. Nice one Selena Gomez. Go girl!
1. Hayden Panettiere: is the #1 most searched for person on horiwood.com today. Why, because she’s so bad, in that Michael Jackson kind of way, of being an entertainer. America loves Hayden Panettiere. The heroes star grabbed a coffee today while in character as Claire Bennet and that was enough to trigger her fans into a frenzy about news that was all things Hayden. The power of coffee in America is insane. She also was listed in FHM‘s list of sexiest women in the world this year.
2. Selena Gomez: Wizard’s of Waverly Place star, Selena Gomez is the youngest appointed Unicef Ambassador to ever travel to West Africa to witness programs created to save lives. What a star. Her appointment as a Latino global ambassador for all Americans to emulate with global humanitarian concerns makes Selena Gomez our 2nd most searched for star today –Reuters.
Says Gomez: “Everyday 25,000 children die from preventable causes. I stand with UNICEF in the belief that we can change that number from 25,000 to zero.”
3. True Blood: The story What To Do When True Blood Ends It’s Hit Season went soaring through the rankings today as Sookie Stackhouse’s world of vampires, shapeshifters and people doing bad things to each other offset in a world of self righteous bigotry is about to come to its season’s 2 successful end. Is this show a metaphor for the paradox that is America, or what? All views exist here, as to be expected in a country of democracy. It’s what makes the US so entertaining, absorbing it all. Wild, crazy, fun! What to do while waiting for True Blood: Season 3 is a hot trending topic today.
4. Megan Fox: Being beautifully retarded and oh so fashionable with it, ensures Megan Fox’s headlining place this week. This girl knows how to keep the spotlight white hot and on her at all times, the moment it appears to be waning. She’s like the Lady Gaga of film in Hollywood for attention grabbing headlines, but she’s an outspoken brunette. You have to give Fox credit where creds are due. Beauty doesn’t last forever and she’s working hers to the hilt. Props.
Fox also revealed that she lost her virginity at 17 and The Times of India ran it as a headline today. Woah, girl’s got a strong global fanbase if she can compete with the best of Bollywood stars. Indians know a good thing we they see it.
5. Zoe Kravitz: The celebrity off spring of rocker Lenny Kravitz and actress Lisa Bonet, Zoe Kravitz is always hot when New York gets ready for fashion week shows. Zoe is the socially conscious, music souled urban fashion icon of her generation in New York.
Selena Gomez is going global this week into deepest Africa. After being hacked on her twitter account, the Disney star tweeted: “Leaving for Africa for a week. I’ll be gone.”8 minutes ago from web
We need more young Latinos coming through the ranks of entertainment in mainstream media formats and genres. Selena Gomez, is one of the few, whose managed to break this racial barrier in her generation. Go girl! Now she’s taking her message of freedom to Africa to inspire her fans. No Limits. Let’s aim higher. She inspires.
Fact: 1 in 4 children in American kindergartens are of Latino descent. Let’s move with change.
It’s Selena Gomez’s birthday. She made this video to thank her peeps and fans for getting her this far.
Like Q’orianka Kilcher, actresses like Gomez are so important to support in a still largely white obsessed movie making world here in Tinsel Town.
These girls are different, special and deserve the spotlight they have. Wurq! Happy Birthday Selena. What a sweet heart!
Disney Princess, Selena Gomez, walked the red carpet for an important message, at the Raise Hope For The Congo event in LA! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter.
What a radiant spirit, Selena Gomez has. And she’s ALWAYS doing charity too. Love it! [image: wire image]
If this report is to be believed from Variety Magazine (a reputable source of entertainment news) then Miley Cyrus is set to Team up with Aussie man Hugh Jackman for a new movie, that is similar to Whitney Houston’s and Kevin Costner’s blockbuster film, The Bodyguard.
The report says says the Aussie and the tween star will appear in the film, titled Personal Security.
The plotline centers around a New York police detective who, like in the Diseny TV movie The Princess Protection Progam (starring Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez) the young starlet is forced to need her life protected. Jackman’s character is allegedly “forced into bodyguard duty for a spoiled teen heiress who has received a kidnap threat.”