Gossip Girl‘s on, right now. Favorite line: Leighton Mesiter–Just because you have a modeling contract and a security code to a castle in Switzerland doesn’t give you the right to steal someone else’s man. Now take your American girl hair, and your flawless skin, and get out!” Meow! This show has upped its game 200% with tighter screenwriting from last season. Loves it!
Meanwhile here in Hollywood we were all watching New York as Dylan Lauren ushered Janet Jackson to her seat, this morning front side at the Ralph Lauren runway, for Mercedez Benz New York Fashion Week. And… Here’s how your worldwide choices of celebrity antics and entertainment news item are looking here in The City of Angeles tonight on Horiwood.Com. (Kia ora ya’ll –much life to you!) Some rocking choices!
1. BEYONCE‘s official response to KANYE WEST & TAYLOR SWIFT drama at MTV’s Video Music Awards. So funny!!!
3. MEGAN FOX QUOTE–Hollywood beauty combined with industry oppression means that Megan Fox is relying on her sensuality a little bit too much. It’s the one weapon she feels she has to slay her male oppressors, by using the populous of her fans back on her powerful ill sayers… so we can perhaps forgive her for that, for now! Rock on Miss Megan!!!
7. BEYONCE‘s I AM TOUR set list of songs, gets heat after her gracious VMA’s moment. Go here, read #1.
8. KENZO TAKADA‘s Japanese fashion design aesthetic has LA going wild tonight.
9. CHACE CRAWFORD tributes LEONARDO DICAPRIO‘s look in Wonderland Magazine. Go here, for link.
10. GERARD BUTLER & JENNIFER ANISTON: Star Magazine says the costars of their Bounty Hunter movie are making whoopee.
Katherine Heigl is a momma! What a beautiful story!!! Woot!
America’s Chief Justice Sonia Sotomayer says just dance. She’s tough, latina and fun! Here’s Horiwood.Com’s celebrity wrangle and entertainment news topics circulating in America, Thursday. Which celeb is your favorite? Rate them. Comment. Share.
Avril Levine, 25, splits with her husband after 6 1/2 years of marriage. Avril fell in love with Derek at aged 17 and says she’s “blessed to remain good friends”–E!
Loving again. Amy Winehouse has a new man–TheGossipGirls
Jay Lo in Louis Vuitton and Marc Anthony glam up the Congressional Hispanic Caucus ball, while they hang with Sonia Sotomayor and Barack and Michelle Obama. Jenny from the block’s career could do with the First Couples’ nod of approval–AccessHollywood & USAToday
Ashton Kutcher‘s produced, Beautiful Life series for the CW, starring Mischa Barton got totally whopped in ratings for its debut show, 1.5 viewers, while Glee with happy, jolly, fat people, garnered 6.6 million viewers. Skinny people are so overrated!–TVbyTheNumbers & Comcast
Oprah adds her executive producing magic to Sam Mendes new film Netherland–already it spells critical acclaim. It’s an immigrant story based on a passion for the UK sport, cricket–TheExaminer.Com & MediaBistro
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, photo above: By Jonathan Ernst For The Washington Post. Video of Sonia Sotomayer dancing with actor Esai Morales at the Congressional Hispanic Ball courtesy of: TheLegalTimesBlog & PoliticsDaily.
Beyonce Knowles appears above, being a gracious leader in entertainment at the VMA’s towards Taylor Swift after Kanye West’s rude interruption of Swift’s speech. Yes, Taylor Swift is all hip hop gangsta tough and cool now. Props! It reeks of Obama spun entertainment engineering, via Jay-Z’s Run This Town power posse, who has a direct line to the oval office, as Swift rules over Jackson entertainment, Madonna and Lady Gaga as a pop role model now. Clever!
And … below is a fan’s take on the whole debacle, as she impersonates the lovely Beyonce commenting on the Kanye West VMAs debacle, in that Southern Houston drawl that is not only funny, but will give you broken ribs from laughing so hard. Enjoy!
Patrick Swayze was a great inspirer of love, dance and great surf that we are mourning in Hollywood with his passing to pancreatic cancer. His fans in New Zealand and Australia were just as inspired by his dance of life that uplifted the underdog– as was his native America and other nations too. Montana born actress Michelle Williams life of triumph after tragedy with Heath Ledger also inspires us on the cover of Vogue. Out of grief can come hope and love again. Here’s how you voted in your top celebrity news and entertainment coverage on Horiwood.Com here in LA today. Enjoy!
The Kanye West of women’s tennis, Serena Williams had victory today with sister Venus at the two sisters won the US Open womens’s doubles tennis, Monday.
Williams and Williams defeated top seeded players Cara Black of Zimbabwe and Liezel Huber of the US, 6-2, 6-2.
During Serena’s apology that took place in the sisters’ press conference, Venus sat there looking very serious, while Serena Williams apologized for her outburst in her semi-final woman’s match against Belgium’s Kim Clijsters.
Says Serena of making amends with the line official she screamed at, “I just want to give her a big old hug.”
Gosh this girl knows how to milk it and redeem herself. Cute! I love this girl. Serena has earned over $100 million in sports endorsements and $21 million from her on court tennis performances as an athlete.
It was interesting seeing Serena’s apology make the news on Access Holllywood, Tinsel Town’s entertainment news TV show, which shows just how much Serena is an entertainer as well as a sports star. Congrats Williams girls. Serena’s back. Let’s hope she leaves her temper in the ‘practice rackets’ closet, in future.
Miss Tessa – fashion designer, artiste and photographer is the youngest star to rate tonight in your celebrity and entertainment news choices here in Hollywood. Here’s how you voted today worldwide. Thanks team.
1. AMBER ROSE is the Queen again of horiwod.com tonight. The model turned muse of Kanye West accompanied her bad boy, Hennesey swilling, hip hop entertainer beau to the VMA awards. So what? But Amber Rose garnered more interest than all of the VMA award winners combined. That’s some heat in show biz! She’s become the ‘ideal girlfriend’ of men all over America, not caring whether her man makes a fool of himself, but enjoying him and being supportive of his role in entertainment regardless. Amber Rose is a delightful and beautiful, fun loving hoot!
Lucrative modeling contracts from the best fashion houses in the world should be getting thrown at Amber Rose every single day, about now. Amber Rose would be perfect for Versace. Her media interest is impressive! Amber Rose should also be made offers for make up contracts from Cover Girl, Revlon, L’Oreal, Mac Cosmetics and Gucci too while she’s about it. What a break out star of entertainment. And no one really knows what Amber Rose actually does, or who she is. Wow!
3. MISS TESSA: The artist, photographer, fashionista, fashion muse and budding fashion designer from New Zealand has four posts that ranked in the top 10 until 3pm this afternoon, LA time here in Hollywood. This girls media heat has got wings. Because I know Miss Tessa is not one to steal the limelight, Miss Tessa comes in at #3 tonight so that other celebrities can get a turn in the Top 10 Celebrities tonight here in Hollywood. Congratulations Miss Tessa! Keep bringing it!
4. THE TWILIGHT SAGA’S NEW MOON MOVIE TRAILER: got a bit of help at the VMA’s last night when Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson all united on MTV’s Radio City stage, to present the hottest movie trailer in show biz at this second.
5. PINK: Alecia Moore, aka pop star Pink of Studio City in The Valley, LA, sung live while doing trapeze circus tricks in New York last night. That outstanding pitch perfect performance combined with a tweet about how Kanye West badly behaved during Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech; as well as an appearance on the Today Show this morning with Matt Lauer, reminded America of just how versatile and talented Pink is as a pop star who has song writing talent, great vocal ability, performance chops, a brain, and well…. balls basically to stand up to funny yet bad behavior from her male peers in music. Pink is fearless.
6. LIL WAYNE: impregnating 3 different women in the same year, got Lil Wayne noticed today. Um, N pleaze! Hello Lil Wayne, put a condom on it! I know he can afford to have three kids in one year, but dude, that’s full on!
7. KANYE WEST‘s blogged apology to Taylor Swift, for rudely interrupting her during the VMAs, got the blogger noticed. Them hip hop boys have a rep to live up to being the bad boys of entertainment. Kanye did not disappoint. What a showman!
8. MISS ELLIETTE: Still the best fashion couture label in Calfornia, even after 15 years of being ‘retired’ from fashion, garnered Miss Elliette, America’s First Lady of Fashion Design her #8 spot tonight here in Hollywood. To still be able to rate with America’s biggest, brightest and youngest stars of American entertainment at 87 years of age, is simply incredible. Go Miss Elliette! Wow! There are no words.
9. GEORGE CLOONEY at THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in Canada, promoting his new film Up In The Air, earned the Hollywood Clarke Gable look-a-like actor, the #9 spot tonight on Horiwood.Com. Clooney’s performance is Oscar worthy, critics early reviews are touting. Nice work, George Clooney!
10. MADONNA: For the Material Girl‘s self-penned tribute to her peer and The King of Pop Michael Jackson, and for delivering it with a sincere tone of respect, made Madonna the new Brooke Shields of sincerity in the MJ worldwide fanbase. Madonna was both respectful and truly amazing at last nights VMA Awards. What a woman, what a tribute, from one who knows the fame game inside out.
Brilliant Marketing for ‘Beyond Here Lies Nothing.’ True Blood releases their Tru Blood, (blood orange flavored) soda, to celebrate True Blood Season 2′s successful finale. Like the show, the drink is described as being ‘slightly tart, lightly sweet and subtly carbonated.” Flavors are named Fangbanger and Death on The Beach. Charming!!!! To order your box of Tru Blood soda, go here.
Here’s how you voted your hottest celebrity and entertainment news topics of interest on Horiwood.Com here in Hollywood today.
1. AMBER ROSE: Every new public appearance of Amber Rose, brings the heat to this site. She’s an enigma America loves.
2. TWILIGHT NEW MOON‘S: Official new trailer sends the Twilight world wild.
3. SERENA WILLIAMS: b*tches out the line official at the US Open to lose her semi final match.
4. JOHN MACENROE: The uber sports brat, comments on Serena Williams tennis game.
5. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE: His parody of Lady Gaga’s Poker Face song, Mediocre Face garners JT a creative Emmy Award today.
6. MEGAN FOX: is made a target by Michael Bay. More bullying by Bay to young Fox. It’s a good thing that Fox is tough. Michael Bay is such a creep!
7. ANGELINA JOLIE: The world’s sexiest actress humanitarian spotlights Somalis’ struggle for peace, food, shelter, safety in Kenya.
8. REBECCA GRANT: a beautiful actress who has totally captivated America today.
9. MARIAH CAREY: Mimi turns pop princess again for her Las Vegas Shows at The Pearl. Meanwhile her actress star turn in Precious, has all film critics in Toronto singing Carey’s praises. Carey Poses here with her executive film producer Oprah Winfrey and fellow singer-actress Mary J Blige, who has the #1 film in America at the box office, currently.
10. MISS ELLIETTE – THE MOVIE: Because she is who she is.
Russell Brand is hosting the Video Music Awards (VMA’s) for MTV tonight. Good luck Rus! It’s a HUGE TV night in America tonight!
My contribution to rebuilding the American dream in remembering 9/11 today in American history, is this vision of hope in bringing one American woman’s inspiring journey to the screen.
On this historic note: MISS ELLIETTE THE MOVIE IS OFFICIALLY IN DEVELOPMENT:
In an ideal world, the Miss Elliette story, (the Coco Chanel of American Fashion and Business Couture) for the screen would go something like this:
Miss Elliette begins with the story of Los Angeles greatest living fashion design pioneer and icon (deftly played by Miley Cyrus in her early years), first coming to America as an immigrant at 18 years of age to attend fashion design school in New York City.
The trials, hardships, confidence and chutzpah of the young Miss Elliette’s fashion training and the design innovation her talent engendered for the American garment industry are mapped with the young Cyrus in the lead.
From her late twenties, Angelina Jolie plays Miss Elliette who moves to California from New York to dress Hollywood stars in the Entertainment Capital of the World. A woman who was intensely private, and yet was still sought after by the leading Hollywood men of her generation, like Clark Gable, became steeped in a hive of industry as demand for her colorful flower-like couture creations became the romantic dresses of choice for American socialites across the 50 states of America.
Miss Elliette’s ability to create opportunity for women in business, compete against men at a top business level, while having and raising four children, while still issuing elegant stylish designs and collections from her modern imaginative giftings that were ahead of women of her time, is expertly played by Angelina Jolie.
From here the biopic looks backwards to Miss Elliette’s childhood and traces her inspiring trajectory from her humble immigrant beginnings as a child who was dyslexic; as her story creatively meanders through poverty, world wars, triumphing over dyslexia, failed romance,heartaches and abandonment, and tales of endurance through glamorous Hollywood business betrayals to become the first American woman ever to be listed on the stock exchange for a fashion house.
Miss Elliette’s poor immigrant-to-riches tale maps the climb of America’s architect of fashion design in couture for all American women in the fashion business of the 20th century. From her humble childhood beginnings in a Lebanese orchard, through her early years as a fashion designer working for male-owned fashion houses, through to her tragic love with a romantic but playboy husband; and ultimately to her success as a pioneering icon of fashion design to unexpectedly find true love again with Robert Shakespeare; Miss Elliette is the epic and timely story of a woman who was rich in imagination; fiercely independent to the point that she was difficult to love and yet whose contribution to Los Angeles glamourous fashion scene from the golden era of Hollywood spanning a 60 year career of fashion couture design, was too worthy to ignore.
[pcitured: Miss Elliette, pleated black chiffon, 1950s Hollywood glamour cocktail dress]
This epic love story stars Miley Cyrus, Robert Pattinson, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
Okay, everything above is totally true; the casting has yet to be confirmed. Natalie Portman may also play the title role. If she feels like it, the delightful Miss Elliette, America’s Fashion Royalty, might make a cameo appearance in the film. Hope so!
Miss Elliette: The Movie is the creative, intellectual and conceptual property of Chiffon Opposites Productions & Palm Tree Productions, New Zealand & USA. (c) 9.11.09
President Barack Obama’s healthcare speech highlights a $2 trillion a year American problem. Americans are spending in excess of any other nation in the world on healthcare. However, Americans are not necessarily living longer. What can change this is simple, better diet and regular exercise each day. China has the highest life expectancy rate (84 years old), Australia is ranked #7 (82 years old), New Zealand is ranked 18th (80 years old), the UK is ranked 35, America is ranked #50 (79 years old).
Meanwhile, in the shallows of temporal Hollywood, here’s what’s moving fast on horiwood.com today, where you voted and ranked your top 10 celebrity and entertainment news items of interest. Thanks everyone. Love your choices!
1. Lady Gaga: Stefani Germanotta’s image paired with Rilke’s poetry is hot today.
2. Nancy Pelosi: A good introduction to the President’s speech on healthcare, garners Nancy Pelosi some big fans. This girl is our favorite cheer leader in Washington DC’s Congress! She tries to lift this country up! Go girl.
3. True Blood, True Life Couples: Rachel & Alex scorch up the internet searches with their real life, new love on and off the set of True Blood. Anna Paquin & Stephen Moya are so thankful they get a break from all of the True Blood romantic hooplah. It’s Alex Skarsgard’s turn, after all.
4. Bollywood Star: Young Mr Shahid Kapoor shines–ScreenIndia.Com
5. Chelsea Handler–see also #7. The Chelsea Lately girl is hot today.
6. Jasper Paisley, son of Brad Paisley is country’s new baby on the scene–People
7. Chelsea Handler, the cheeky Jewess from New Jersey, Hollywood loves. Her latest tweet on twitter is: Somebody just asked me to join the office Football pool. Obviously they don’t realize I have a life.about 1 hour ago from web
Bonus Post:. Nicole Richie gives birth to a son Sparrow Madden. His name is a nice tribute to MJ. An unusual name for a child! But this is Hollywood, so whatever, I love it! –RightFieldersWomenInSport
Matt Damon covers Esquire Magazine. His recent trip to India is what movie star Damon‘s interview is about. Damon has become quite the humanitarian since hanging out with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Nice one Matt! This is Esquire Magazine’s FEEL GOOD ISSUE! We hear ya Esquire Brothas! Like that byline.
Everything brings about its own opposite– words via Ananias, art: Gisele
Here’s the top ranking celebrity news and entertainment posts on Horiwood.Com tonight. Hollywood is in a festive summer’s mood today on 9.9.9! Historic symmetry.
2. Lady Gaga takes a dig at Madonna wearing this fashion ensemble. Meow!
3. Johnny Markoudarkis has heat in Young Hollywood. Casting agents take note. Likewise with Philipp Karner.who is an Extra TV America’s Most Eligible Bachelor Awardee. These lads are both up and coming young actors to watch out for.
4. Robert Pattinson takes the plunge for Twilight’s Queen, costar Kristen Stewart.
5. 10 Twilight Saga Tweets: Romeo & Juliet lives on in Forks and on twitter.
6. Kevin and Jodi Kreiger say stop watching Jon & Kate Gosselin
7. Nayleigh Kelly joins Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelly in Hollywood from Korea. Cute! Adoption is a beautiful thing.
8. Miley Cyrus‘ rap remix is smokin. It’s a party in the USA. Beyonce and Rihanna must be fuming that Miley created a way to get a piece of their man Jay-Z. A cute tribute from MC.
9. Khloe & Kourtney Kardashian can’t just go on a diet and shut up about it.
10. Kim Cattrall brings her blonde rocker fierceness to Sex & The City. At 53 she’s looking good.
Always smile. Horiwood’s latest tweet on twitter is: “Horiwood Bites: THE JACKSON SMILE: … always uplifts and gives hope. A smile is a gift you give away … http://bit.ly/Cu9MWabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed
Courage To Love by Californian author Robert Ellis is created and written in the spirit needed in American schools today. In a Shakespearean love story set in the Middle East two young people from opposite worlds, find love from a sense of honesty only found in accepting each others difference. So romantic. Read it. It’s a great book for all American school children … and kidults too. Cover artwork is by the legendary surrealist artist, Salvador Dali.
Chris Brown gets sentenced to 5 years of probation in LA. Eonline. Here’s your top 10 celebrities and news items of interest Tuesday.
Rihanna was in New York, looking healthy and good. Wenn.com
Three Brits, a Native American Indian, An African American songstress, 4 Americans and a Kiwi round out your eclectic choices, Monday. I love this blog! It’s what you choose each day that makes it wild, crazy fun. I never know what ya’ll going to do next.
Giving Opportunity: To donate to the United Negro College Fund go here:
Difference is always a beautiful thing. It makes the world an interesting place to live in. Here’s part 1 of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. The exciting thing about democracy on the internet, is that Bollywood entertainment rates big. Internet search engines don’t discriminate against difference. They just rank what’s popular. Democracy is alive and well. Enjoy!
America was shocked over the weekend when Reality TV Love went wrong. Reality TV star Ryan Alexander Jenkins murdered his TV co-star and real life girlfriend, Jasmine Flores and stuffed her body in a suitcase, that was discovered in a Southern Californian dumpster. He later took his own life after he crossed the border into Canada. Shocking, sad, unecessary! RIP. Our thoughts go out to all of their family and friends and this time. Poor Jasmine Flores.
In other news, here’s how you all voted your Sunday entertainment items of interest here in Hollywood on Horiwood.Com.
… is kinda scary fun! Video gaming and the internet are two of the biggest growth areas of entertainment in ze world.
A nice trailer from World of Warcraft. Wow indeed!
Aussie, Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! Eric Bana covers Men’s Health Magazine, while Miss Megan Fox, steams up SciFi Now’s cover. Hotness!
In this age of Search Engine Optimization as being the path of the future for all business people and stars alike, here’s how you ranked and rated your top entertainment topics of interest over the last three days on Horiwood.com! Nice!
10. DALE K GOES RED!
To see Dale K’s hair color transformation, contrast the above pic of Dale from two weeks ago, to her pic at #10. Ferosh!
Shakira rocks the cover of Latina Magazine. She is the Sonia Sotomayor of Latina pop justice, and her hips don’t lie. Love Shakira!
Here in Hollywood, here’s how you ranked your hottest celebrity news items tonight. Enjoy your choices. Thanks Team.
[Horiwood is a Maori New Zealander living in Hollywood. We call Maoris horis back in New Zealand. To travel to New Zealand, one of the prettiest adventure tourism destinations on the planet on your next vacation, go here.]