Thanks Michael K for the laughs! This video of a baby dancing to Beyonce’s Single Ladies is a sign. The Universe is talking to Beyonce and Jay-Z. It’s time to have their own little Jay-B bambino perhaps.
It was the VMA big Music Video winner of the year. The cast of Glee are doing the single ladies too. Can’t keep them on the bleachers.
Glee’s writers couldn’t resist penning Beyonce’s dance-a-long hit, into their hit “feel good” show. Cheesey or totally relevant? But it’s so working in this video clip!
[Source imdb news via HuffingtonPost]
At Burswood Dome, Beyonce Knowles wowed her Perth fans in her final Australian concert of her I Am Tour.
Look at girl poppin it. She’s on fire! Lucky, lucky Australia!
Meet Chelsea. She has leukemia. She lives in Australia. Beyonce is her idol. Check out this touching moment from Beyonce singing Halo to Chelsea. Beyonce and Chelsea are one in this moment. Cute.
We can see your Aussie halo Chelsea, shinely brightly here in Hollywood. Go girl!
To donate to the Leukemia Foundation of Australia, go here. Thanks peeps.
Beyonce Knowles appears above, being a gracious leader in entertainment at the VMA’s towards Taylor Swift after Kanye West’s rude interruption of Swift’s speech. Yes, Taylor Swift is all hip hop gangsta tough and cool now. Props! It reeks of Obama spun entertainment engineering, via Jay-Z’s Run This Town power posse, who has a direct line to the oval office, as Swift rules over Jackson entertainment, Madonna and Lady Gaga as a pop role model now. Clever!
And … below is a fan’s take on the whole debacle, as she impersonates the lovely Beyonce commenting on the Kanye West VMAs debacle, in that Southern Houston drawl that is not only funny, but will give you broken ribs from laughing so hard. Enjoy!
Kanye West recieves 9 nominations for next month’s BET Awards.
Chris Brown has started his community service.
Whether we love these lads, loathe them, or love-loathe them, one thing is certain–both on and off music’s stage–these two men have brought some of the biggest stories in entertainment this year.
As Beyonce sings of her husband Jay-Z: “he’s gotta big ego, he walk like dis–but he can back it up.” Let’s hope these brothers learn from Jay-Z and become more like him. Humility, like Jay-Z is not being afraid to be known for who you really are–a great. But actions must follow proclamaitions about one’s sense of self. Kanye and Chris Brown can learn a lot from Jay-Z.
However, we all learn from our mistakes. Grace is a beautiful thing. It allows men, to restart and do things right. All the best Chris Brown on your road back to success and wholeness. Shout out from Hollywood today. Kanye, you still need a slap for what you did to Taylor Swift! Maybe the BET awards will redeem Mr West, by Kanye showing a different enthusiastic side to him. Let’s hope so.
[image: Splash News]
Yes the Blueprint 3, Jay-Z’s new album came in at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 charts, selling 476,000 units. This is Jay-Z’s 11th time at the top. The Beatles as a group havve 19 #1 albums.
There is no stopping Jay-Z. He is a prophet to America and the world. Hip hop music and his lyrics are the vehicle that shed insights on life, love where the world is heading. Awesomery! How did Jay do it? Great marketing and good music. Jay leaked his album to fans for free, and they responded by buying the album, when it officially dropped. EQ (a bit of love) + IQ (biz smarts) + Talent (the brothas music) = a #1 result.
In addtion, Kanye and Rihanna heavily throwing their weight behind Jay-Z too, while promoting Jay’s hit, Run This Town also added to this success story. Team work!
Miss Tessa – fashion designer, artiste and photographer is the youngest star to rate tonight in your celebrity and entertainment news choices here in Hollywood. Here’s how you voted today worldwide. Thanks team.
1. AMBER ROSE is the Queen again of horiwod.com tonight. The model turned muse of Kanye West accompanied her bad boy, Hennesey swilling, hip hop entertainer beau to the VMA awards. So what? But Amber Rose garnered more interest than all of the VMA award winners combined. That’s some heat in show biz! She’s become the ‘ideal girlfriend’ of men all over America, not caring whether her man makes a fool of himself, but enjoying him and being supportive of his role in entertainment regardless. Amber Rose is a delightful and beautiful, fun loving hoot!
Lucrative modeling contracts from the best fashion houses in the world should be getting thrown at Amber Rose every single day, about now. Amber Rose would be perfect for Versace. Her media interest is impressive! Amber Rose should also be made offers for make up contracts from Cover Girl, Revlon, L’Oreal, Mac Cosmetics and Gucci too while she’s about it. What a break out star of entertainment. And no one really knows what Amber Rose actually does, or who she is. Wow!
3. MISS TESSA: The artist, photographer, fashionista, fashion muse and budding fashion designer from New Zealand has four posts that ranked in the top 10 until 3pm this afternoon, LA time here in Hollywood. This girls media heat has got wings. Because I know Miss Tessa is not one to steal the limelight, Miss Tessa comes in at #3 tonight so that other celebrities can get a turn in the Top 10 Celebrities tonight here in Hollywood. Congratulations Miss Tessa! Keep bringing it!
4. THE TWILIGHT SAGA’S NEW MOON MOVIE TRAILER: got a bit of help at the VMA’s last night when Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson all united on MTV’s Radio City stage, to present the hottest movie trailer in show biz at this second.
5. PINK: Alecia Moore, aka pop star Pink of Studio City in The Valley, LA, sung live while doing trapeze circus tricks in New York last night. That outstanding pitch perfect performance combined with a tweet about how Kanye West badly behaved during Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech; as well as an appearance on the Today Show this morning with Matt Lauer, reminded America of just how versatile and talented Pink is as a pop star who has song writing talent, great vocal ability, performance chops, a brain, and well…. balls basically to stand up to funny yet bad behavior from her male peers in music. Pink is fearless.
6. LIL WAYNE: impregnating 3 different women in the same year, got Lil Wayne noticed today. Um, N pleaze! Hello Lil Wayne, put a condom on it! I know he can afford to have three kids in one year, but dude, that’s full on!
7. KANYE WEST‘s blogged apology to Taylor Swift, for rudely interrupting her during the VMAs, got the blogger noticed. Them hip hop boys have a rep to live up to being the bad boys of entertainment. Kanye did not disappoint. What a showman!
8. MISS ELLIETTE: Still the best fashion couture label in Calfornia, even after 15 years of being ‘retired’ from fashion, garnered Miss Elliette, America’s First Lady of Fashion Design her #8 spot tonight here in Hollywood. To still be able to rate with America’s biggest, brightest and youngest stars of American entertainment at 87 years of age, is simply incredible. Go Miss Elliette! Wow! There are no words.
9. GEORGE CLOONEY at THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in Canada, promoting his new film Up In The Air, earned the Hollywood Clarke Gable look-a-like actor, the #9 spot tonight on Horiwood.Com. Clooney’s performance is Oscar worthy, critics early reviews are touting. Nice work, George Clooney!
10. MADONNA: For the Material Girl‘s self-penned tribute to her peer and The King of Pop Michael Jackson, and for delivering it with a sincere tone of respect, made Madonna the new Brooke Shields of sincerity in the MJ worldwide fanbase. Madonna was both respectful and truly amazing at last nights VMA Awards. What a woman, what a tribute, from one who knows the fame game inside out.
Talking to US Weekly Magazine, the young actress and singer, Taylor Swift feigned her best surprised face to speak about Kanye West’s staged outburst during her acceptance speech during the VMA awards, Sunday.
Swift who has the highest selling album of 2009, Fearless out of any music solo act or music group, deservedly should have also closed out the VMA show. It’s a great precursor for Taylor Swift’s upcoming Grammy wins early next year, 2010. Taylor has achieved more album sales than Lady Gaga or any other new artist or established artist. Swift is already an American music legend at just 19.
MTV ensured that she would with Kanye West interrupting her acceptance award speech, and Beyonce handing the mic back to the young country cross over pop star, to close out the night with Jay-Z, Alecia Keys and Lil Mama. Nice staging from MTV to get the country pop girl into the hip hop closing mix. It was a great show!
Anyway, as if the matching colored red dresses, of both Beyonce and Taylor Swift werent’ enough to give the game away, here’s what Taylor Swift had to say: (more…)
He has the hottest America girlfriend in US modelling, Amber Rose, so perhaps he can be forgiven for getting carried away with him impetuous bad self! Ever the showman, if Kanye West didn’t do pranks like robbing Taylor Swift of her moment of glory, and cutting in on her speech, stealing the VMA show, than it perhaps wouldn’t be as entertaining as it was.
Kanye West, love him or loathe him brought the drama last night. No one’s sure for certain, whether his interruption of Swift’s speech was staged by MTV, between West, Swift, Beyonce and Jay-Z to create a finale that could somehow equal the brilliant Michael Jackson tribute opener by MJ performance footage/ Madonna and Janet. The show had to be balanced out somehow after a great opening tribute number to the King of Pop, so this creative interruption from Kanye provided the big payoff moment for Taylor Swift, and put Swift ahead of Lady Gaga and Pink after Beyonce herself of course. Hey, that’s how showbiz and stars keep the star power close to their chests. Jay-Z is perhaps the King of this, behind the scenes.
The Ten Top MTV VMA Awards moments of 2009 that stood out, were:
1. Michael Jackson’s footage of the King of Pop performing his greatest hits, was a level of performance, that perhaps only Beyonce is matching at this level, singing live and storytelling through constant, rigorous dance choreography. The posthumous footage of Jackson’s music videos and MJ live in concert, stole the show.
2 TIE A: Madonna’s speech for the King of Pop, showed class. The woman who has had the most successful tour ever in the history of music or a solo act this year and in a global recession; and who has amassed 40 #1 dance chart hits; the highest ever in the dance chart countdown by an artist… only Madonna could honor Jackson in a way that other American leaders couldn’t. She did. Wow! What a moment!
2. TIE B: Janet Jackson’s performance of her duet song with brother Michael, Scream was amazing. Janet is back.
4. Kanye West’s interruption of Taylor Swift’s speech, for Taylor’s first ever VMA award she’d won drew boos from the crowd. Of course this was staged (as was the Eminem and Bruno prank at the MTV Popcorn Awards earlier this year), but it seemed so real, even Pink tweeted about it before her performance. Kanye created a moment that stole the show.
Celebrities and Stemcell Research. What a great idea for a blog post category name. I love it!
And after Beyonce was a total gracious Queen of the VMA’s last night, let’s celebrate the fact that stem cell research can help this diva’s future and stars like her, in the regeneration of her body with stem cell research and reproduction is being scientifically developed.
As America’s hardest working performer, her body deserves regeneration with stem cell treatment. If ever there was a candidate for it, Beyonce is it. Tom Hanks is investing in stem cell research for his back for over three years now, so it’s Beyonce’s turn to, I think.
Forward thinking people rock!
~The Sky is the limit, Carla Bruni Sarkozy for Vanity Fair~
Image of Carla Bruni Sarkozy, the First Lady of France, brought to you by le Clafloutis Restaurant, 8630 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069. A restaurant on the Sunset Strip where stars dine.
TEN BONUS POSTS: (more…)
Everything brings about its own opposite– words via Ananias, art: Gisele
Here’s the top ranking celebrity news and entertainment posts on Horiwood.Com tonight. Hollywood is in a festive summer’s mood today on 9.9.9! Historic symmetry.
2. Lady Gaga takes a dig at Madonna wearing this fashion ensemble. Meow!
3. Johnny Markoudarkis has heat in Young Hollywood. Casting agents take note. Likewise with Philipp Karner.who is an Extra TV America’s Most Eligible Bachelor Awardee. These lads are both up and coming young actors to watch out for.
4. Robert Pattinson takes the plunge for Twilight’s Queen, costar Kristen Stewart.
5. 10 Twilight Saga Tweets: Romeo & Juliet lives on in Forks and on twitter.
6. Kevin and Jodi Kreiger say stop watching Jon & Kate Gosselin
7. Nayleigh Kelly joins Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelly in Hollywood from Korea. Cute! Adoption is a beautiful thing.
8. Miley Cyrus‘ rap remix is smokin. It’s a party in the USA. Beyonce and Rihanna must be fuming that Miley created a way to get a piece of their man Jay-Z. A cute tribute from MC.
9. Khloe & Kourtney Kardashian can’t just go on a diet and shut up about it.
10. Kim Cattrall brings her blonde rocker fierceness to Sex & The City. At 53 she’s looking good.
Always smile. Horiwood’s latest tweet on twitter is: “Horiwood Bites: THE JACKSON SMILE: … always uplifts and gives hope. A smile is a gift you give away … http://bit.ly/Cu9MWabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed
Courage To Love by Californian author Robert Ellis is created and written in the spirit needed in American schools today. In a Shakespearean love story set in the Middle East two young people from opposite worlds, find love from a sense of honesty only found in accepting each others difference. So romantic. Read it. It’s a great book for all American school children … and kidults too. Cover artwork is by the legendary surrealist artist, Salvador Dali.
I was sitting 5 meters away from Cameron Diaz at the Beyonce concert in LA recently. Day-um that girl can get down to the blackest Beyonce songs ever! Cammie D booty-danced the whole concert. She’s one hip hop poppin girl.
Earlier last week, from the set of the Green Hornet movie, Diaz and her costar Seth Rogan did a beaut shout-out to Beyonce on her birthday. Go here to see.
Then, yesterday, CameronDiaz was filmed with her Asian Paradise umbrella shielding her from the Californian sun. Stylin! Later in the day, her costar Jay Chou, had to try and not laugh as Diaz did her slap stick comedy routine tripping up in her high heels.
She’s too talented and funny. So worthy of carrying a pretty Asian Paradise umbrella in her hands, always. And, speaking of Asian Paradise themes…..
To hear, a song called Asian Paradise by Sharon O’Neil of New Zealand and the all girl group, When The Cat’s Away, press play below.
Happy Holiday Weekend America, from Hollywood. xox
In Greensboro, NC, Britney Spears became a lip syncer touring artist no more. We really MUST be in a recession if Britney Spears has taken to singing live for her supper these days in concert. That’s unheard of in the 2000s!
But yes, Britney actually sung live. Britney’s cover of Alanis Morissette’s You Oughta Know is a decent effort from Miss Spears.
Britney follows in the footsteps of Beyonce Knowles, who has been covering this song for months now each night of her I Am Tour.
What are both Britney and Beyonce saying about Alanis Morisette? They both love her. Congrats girls. All three of you are great!
Beyonce’s muppets and friends from her I Am Tour, demonstrated how much they love Queen Bee. This is what her musicians and dancers from the highly successful tour of Beyonce Knowles had to give on her birthday. Love it.
No one role plays being America’s black barbie doll muppet for world entertainment markets better than Beyonce. She knows black girls need to work harder (still) to be appreciated.
What other person do you know of, whose made $170 million in the last two years, who would dance in high heels like an athlete for 2.5 hours a night in concert for 7 months on end, and strike all these fierce poses, while trying not to sweat and looking like a supermodel at each angle a camera is on her every second of the day? Did we mention that she sings too the whole time while doing it. [yes, we're talking to you Britney Spears].
You have to see Beyonce peform her I Am Tour live in concert to really believe it is humanly capable to do what she does. She’s like wonder woman on heels. Insane.
No one makes it look as easy as Beyonce. Her dancers know how hard she works, that’s why they did this shout out to her. Beyonce must be investing in stem cell research like Tom Hanks via The Spine Institute Santa Monica, to heal her back every night. For the best of Beyonce muppetry, see pic below.
As a ‘singer’ Beyonce scripts herself to be the muppet the masses want. Emancipation for black woman, is STILL about being your own pimp. Beyonce gives, but she’s in control of her own game. She scripts it and then gives it. Okay, she made one exception for the Obama’s Inaugeration Day, when the Obamas scripted her performance moment for them, but generally she scripts her own career.
Beyonce is also a Hollywood executive film producer too as well as appearing occasionally in films, when she has time.
Happy Birthday Beyonce. As Kanye West, Shakira, Hugh Jackman, John Legend, Gayle King, Rachel Ray and so many stars all note in this video birthday card to you, there is only one hardworking Beyonce and you’re one very special lady.
Looking more poodle than horse-faced this time round, actress Sarah Jessica Parker channeled her 80s perm on the set of Sex & The City 2 in New York. This girl is looking good. She’s just had twins (I kid, but she has).
Does this mean the poodle perm is coming back? I have visions of my sister Cherry Joy with her Whitney poodle perm,clearing dance floors as she popped her hot Janet Jackson moves dressed in white to Whitney’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody song on the d-floor from the 80s.
The nightclub DJ had the severest crush on my sister. It was all about the Whitney Houston poodle perm and a white girl with a touch of hori, who could dance like a black girl, like the best of them in the world. Years later, Beyonce is still doing the poodle perm and she just made $87 million this last year. 3rd in line of top female earners, behind Celine Dion who made $100 million this year, and Madonna who racked up $110 million.
Anyway, back in the big shoulder padded and big permed 80s, my sister Cherry rocked that gig out! Fun times were had. So maybe the comeback of the poodle perm isn’t so bad. [Image: BauerGriffin].
America was shocked over the weekend when Reality TV Love went wrong. Reality TV star Ryan Alexander Jenkins murdered his TV co-star and real life girlfriend, Jasmine Flores and stuffed her body in a suitcase, that was discovered in a Southern Californian dumpster. He later took his own life after he crossed the border into Canada. Shocking, sad, unecessary! RIP. Our thoughts go out to all of their family and friends and this time. Poor Jasmine Flores.
In other news, here’s how you all voted your Sunday entertainment items of interest here in Hollywood on Horiwood.Com.
Aussie, Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! Eric Bana covers Men’s Health Magazine, while Miss Megan Fox, steams up SciFi Now’s cover. Hotness!
In this age of Search Engine Optimization as being the path of the future for all business people and stars alike, here’s how you ranked and rated your top entertainment topics of interest over the last three days on Horiwood.com! Nice!