AUSSIE GETS ITS ASIA-PACIFIC GROOVE ON – STRATEGIES OF ECONOMIC BRIDGE-BUILDING CHANGE
In brief – Australia’s Asian friendly focus – Aims for the Asian Century include:
- By 2025, Australia’s GDP per person will be in the world’s top 10. Productivity is key.
- Australia’s average real national income on track for $73,000 per person in 2025 - up from $62,000 in 2012.
- Aussie makes the top five countries for business ease.
- Aussie’s schooling system in world’s top five by 2025. 10 Aussie universities land a top 100 world ranking too.
- All students shall have continuous access to a priority Asian language – Chinese (Mandarin), Hindi, Indonesian and Japanese.
- Aussie’s diplomatic network across Asia to increase global footprint - stronger, deeper and broader links with Asian nations sought.
- Aussie’s to be Asian literate leaders. 1/3 of board members in Australia’s top 200 publicly listed companies have Asian knowledge.
A full and fascinating break down can be peeped right here. New Zealand has our work cut out for us then. Phewsh.
[Photo: My own].
~Posted by Horiwoodblog, Aotearoa New Zealand, Polynesia Asia-Pacific. 28.10.12~