TEN THINGS TO DO IN AUCKLAND CITY
Ten Things To Do in Auckland City are:
1. Buy a house.–If in the market to buy read up.
2. Opera, ballet, theater, music, the arts: Check out Aotea Centre.
3. Always attend the Grey Lyn Festival. Grey Lyn, Auckland is a culturally infused Polynesian city where both British royalty and Hollywood’s 3rd top box office star for 2012 have all lived at stages of their lives.–Details to Grey Lyn Festival are at 17th November 2012.
5. Wine and dine on Ponsonby road dubbed Auckland’s Hippest Strip. Take a virtual tour here. Don’t miss pizza, vino & martini time at the famous bar & cafe SPQR. Always watch a Ponsonby District Rugby Football Club match too. It’s Auckz history to do so.
6. Go weekend shopping in the cultural melting pot zone of Avondale Sunday Market. For the best urban Pasifika apparrell as gifts to friends and family back home, check out Otara Markets too. Good tee shirt shopping as well as Pasifika peoples culture is on display during outdoor shopping.
7. Stay harbourside at the the viaduct. Wine and dine there too. Always festive fun. Complete with upmarket restaurants of the ilk of Euro and my Maori mom’s fav Soul Bar. The viaduct even has an Irish pub waterside as well.
8. Movies: If you have a car, cross the Auckland Harbour bridge to Hoyts Wairau Park Auckland, heading North. This cinema is perhaps closest to an American movie theater experience in a large Cosmopolitan City.
10. Cityscape Views: A Helicopter Tour puts you right in the bird’s eye view. To avoid traffic, while being swept up in what Auckland City has to offer, definitely go that route.
A wild beach excursion is always Piha. Wind swept natural beauty.
Auckland City is always lotsa fun to visit. Explore. Have fun. :)
~Posted by Horiwoodblog, Aotearoa New Zealand, Polynesia Asia-Pacific. 5.9.12~